Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week One

Hello Everyone!
So I said I would get to posting about the first week this weekend and well even though the weekend is almost up and I need to go to bed soon, I still am keeping that promise! This first week back was really great though. I loved seeing the students again and my supervising teacher and teaching assistant. Right off the bat the teacher has to complete assessments with the students so I have been able to lead a lot of the morning stuff with the students and my own math and reading groups. I am glad that my teacher has gotten me to start doing more things right away so I don't have time to sit and get nervous about doing more. One time when I was reading to the students and asking the students questions there were several adults in the room (observing one student), which made me a bit nervous by later the teachers assistant (Mrs.S) said I did a great job with all of the commotion going on.

Tallies of the week:
students with accidents - 2 (welcome to Kindergarten lol)
number of shoes tied- 10+
number of coat zipping- countless

This week we got some snow on Thursday night so Friday we had a 2 hour delayed opening which I very nicely spent sleeping. :)

Over the weekend I acquired a bunch of children's books, mostly thanks to my mom! So this week I will be spending my nights reading through the books and working on the school wide event my fellow interns and I are planning, the Multicultural Nights!

Sorry that this posting is so short, but I wanted to make good on my promise to write this weekend but need to head to bed. I will work more on creating more time to write though and give you more full updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment