Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching Up

Hello again!
Sorry for the delay but last week was a bit crazy with all the snow, the roommates finally moving in, feeling sick and catching up on homework. First of all last we had Monday off for Martin Luther King, Tuesday was a snow day, Wednesday had a 2 hour delay opening, Thursday was normal and Friday we had another 2 hour delay opening. So pretty easy week though 2 hour delay openings always feel longer to me for some reason so they aren't may favorite but I won't complain about getting to sleep in! My roommats are back and this past week was our first week together and it was nice having those delays so I could spend time with them and not be at school all day. I was feeling sick but loaded up on Airborne and Echinacea so I think I have beat it. I caught up on some work this weekend along with rediscovering the Dollar Store. I always forget about that store but it is always glorious when I remember. I went to find stuff for the Multicultural Night that the other Interns and I are planning, but unfortunatly the Irish stuff they had was not the best. I did get staples and binder clips though :)

The Multicultural night is fast approaching though (this Thursday!) and I am all set! I have everything ready and will just be practicing what I want to say the next few nights to my roommates. The school is also havig a door decorating contest in sprite of the night and my teacher, the teachers assistant and I have been working very hard for the past while on making out door the best! We put up almost everything today and will just had some few final touches tomorrow. We have the country of Fiji and I must say when you round the corner in the hallway and see our door you will feel like you just got off the plane! I will be taking loads of pictures tomorrow and posting them soon!

Today I also taught the first of my 3 observed lesson of the semester. The lesson today was on non-standard measurement and I had a fun time teaching it. The students enjoyed being able to measure their arms with links and will be able to tomorrow to measure their hands, legs and feet. Since the math rotations are only 15min I did not have time to complete the whole lesson today so we will finish up tomorrow. Here are a few pictures from today though:
I'll be busy working on my portfolio once I finish this lesson because it is due on Feb. 8th so as always there might be a bit of delay until the next post.

:)

1 comment: